On Saturday, September 12, 2020, the Board Board of Supervisors proclaimed a Local Emergency due to the high probability of conditions of extreme peril to the safety of persons and property caused by Tropical Storm Sally, which is predicted to have landfall winds in excess of 70 miles per hour, with excessive rain.
Sandbags are available for self-fill/carry at the locations listed below. Residents are asked to bring their own shovels.
- West Division Roads Department, 6900 N. Washington Avenue (Hwy. 609), Ocean Springs
- Central Road Department, 8500 Jim Ramsay Road, Vancleave
- East Division Roads Department, 10825 Hwy. 63, Moss Point
- Forts Lake Fire Department, 10701 Forts Lake Road, Moss Point
- Escatawpa VFD, 3801 Sentinel Dr, Moss Point
- Fontainebleau Fire Department, 3901 Hwy. 57 South, Ocean Springs
- St. Andrews Fire Department, 1401 Elm Street, Ocean Springs
- West Jackson County Fire Department, 15324 Big Ridge Road, St. Martin
- Latimer Community Center, 10908 Daisy Vestry Road
- Gautier - Behind City Hall, Highway 90
- Moss Point - New Central Fire Station, 4204 Bellview Street
- Ocean Springs - Public Works Department, 712 A Pine Drive
- Ocean Springs - Civic Center, 3730 Bienville Blvd
- Pascagoula - Jackson County Fairgrounds, 2902 Shortcut Rd
Please visit the "Jackson County, Mississippi Government" Facebook page for the most up to date information regarding Tropical Storm (expected to be Hurricane) Sally and any pertinent information.