The Board of Supervisors of Jackson County, Mississippi (the “Board” or “BOS”) retained the services of Raymond James & Associates, Inc. (“Raymond James ” or “RJ”) to conduct a review and analysis of Singing River Health System’s (“Singing River” or “SRHS”) operations in accordance with 41 13 15(8) M.C.A. In conducting this assignment, Raymond James relied upon certain information regarding the operations of Singing River and the market and competitive landscape.
View the Singing River Health System Operating Condition Report (PDF, 38 pages)
(as presented by Raymond James to the Board of Supervisors on 7/5/22)
OVERVIEW OF RAYMOND JAMES ENGAGEMENT
- Information regarding the operations of Singing River provided to us by Management, includes, but is not limited to:
- Historical audited financials for the fiscal year ended September 30 th “FY” 2019 through FY
- Detailed internal financial information for FY 2019 FY 2021 and year to date “YTD” April 2022, including information on revenue by payor, breakout of expenses, performance by hospital division and performance by service line;
- Utilization information for FY 2019 FY 2021 and YTD April 2022;
- Demographic, payor mix and volume information;
- Projected financials for FY 2022 FY 2027
- Raymond James also conducted interviews with members of the Board of Trustees and Management
- Further, Raymond James has drawn on certain publicly available information and subscription based data, including:
- News reports, press releases and financial, operating and descriptive information for certain national and local healthcare services companies that we deemed to be relevant to the preparation of our analysis;
- Valuation information for acquisitions of publicly traded and privately held companies that we deemed to be relevant to the preparation of our analysis.
- Raymond James has not independently verified any of such Information, and has relied on all such Information being complete and accurate in all material respects.